Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Beautiful Creatures movie

HEADS UP: If those people who see a movie and say every 5 minutes "That part wasn't in the book!" annoy you, don't read this. (But, if you read a book and then see the movie based on the book and say you don't compare the two, I think you're lying :)  )

So last night my sweet husband took me out for a movie date to see Beautiful Creatures. I have been dying to see this movie since I read all 4 Beautiful Creatures books (Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos, Beautiful Redemption). They are soooooo good! All the books really keep you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next.

And the first book was the best of the series. So, as we drive to the movie theater I chatter to my husband (who has not read any of the books) about how excited I am to see the movie and fill him in on key points from the book- because, let's face it, I'm not the greatest at keeping the endings a secret and my husband is so smart, he usually figures out what's going to happen half way through the movie anyways.

The movie starts, and the movie writers don't place enough emphasis on something I think is pretty important at the beginning of the book. Ok, no big deal, I think. The movie can't be exactly like the book, right?

But, as the movie continues, it quickly become apparent that Beautiful Creatures the movie is VASTLY different than Beautiful Creatures the book. Significant events to the plot line are either altered beyond recognition or completely left out, an instrumental character is eliminated from the movie, and the ending is pretty much totally different from the book.

Needless to say, I left the movie theater pretty darn disappointed.

The moral of the story: if you have read the Beautiful Creatures book, DO NOT SEE THE MOVIE!! You will be sad :(  If you haven't read the book, see the movie and don't ever read the book. For real.




No comments:

Post a Comment