Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Take a deep breath.....

*Deeeeep breath*

Man, these last 2 weeks have been tough. Between a sick child, having a paper and exam due for school, clinicals to complete for school, and some unexpected financial stress, I have been stressed out and exhausted quite frankly.

You know the old saying "When it rains, it pours"? Yeah, that's what my life feels like right now. It's super difficult to stay positive during times like these, but my Heavenly Father always seems to have a way of reminding me that He is in control. I listen to Christian radio and 2 songs seem to be on repeat lately, no matter what station I'm listening to.

The first song is called Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin. It is so uplifting and a great reminder that God is in control no matter what. And guess what, He's already won the battle! What an awesome thought! Here are the lyrics (source):

You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light
Whom shall I fear?

You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my sword and shield
Though trouble linger still
Whom shall I fear?

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies is always by my side

My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?

And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in Your hands
I'm holding on to Your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful

The second song is Strangely Dim by Francesca Battistelli. It reminds me that if I stay focused on God and who He is, all the worries and distractions of life become "strangely dim" or seem to fade away from focus. And you know what? That is so true! Here are the lyrics (source):

I've had all these plans piled up sky high 
A thousand dreams on hold
And I don't know why, 
I ?Got a front row seat 
To longest wait
And I just can't see
Past the things I pray
Today

(Chorus) 

?But when I fix my eyes on all that You are
Then every doubt I feel
?Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
All my worries fade
And fall to the ground
Cuz when I seek Your face
And don't look around
Any place I'm in
Grows strangely dim 

Sometimes where I stand
On this narrow road?Is in a raging storm
Or a valley low
But oh 

(Repeat Chorus) 

I don't know I don't know
What tomorrow may hold
But I know but I know
That You're holding it all
So no matter what may come

(Chorus) 

I'm gonna fix my eyes on all that You are
Til every doubt I feel
Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
Let all my worries fade
?And fall to the ground
I'm gonna seek Your face
And not look around
Til place I'm in
Grows strangely dim

In addition to focusing on God and finding strength and peace through Him, my family and the lovely little things in my life that bring me joy help me deal with the stresses of life. So, I've been focusing on my husband and step daughter, our garden, getting ready for planting summer crops, and planning my step daughter's upcoming birthday party (more to come about her party and planning process later!).

Our vegetable garden is coming along beautifully. Things seem to be growing noticeably from one day to the next. And, I even managed to plant some flowers in a few boxes my talented husband made for me out of some scrap wood.

The vegetable garden as of 3/23/13:



The flowers I planted, which my step daughter Mia helped pick out, were Stock, Verbena, and Alyssum. The colors look so beautiful together. I also planted two purple Hydrangeas.






Mia loves pink and purple so that's what we went with and it turned out great I think.

Look for a post about composting coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment