Saturday, April 13, 2013

Beef Enchilada Cups

I'm always on the lookout for new dinner recipes that are cheap, quick, and easy, and I came across this one  on Pinterest. It's a recipe for Chicken Enchilada Cups using won ton wrappers, and it looked delicious. I picked up a roasted chicken from the grocery store so all I would have to do is shred it up and I used store bought enchilada sauce. So, this recipe took less than 30 min and it was really tasty.

A few nights later, I made the recipe again with my own twist. I used beef instead of chicken and added a few extra ingredients. This is my version of Beef Enchilada Cups:

Beef Enchilada Cups 

  • 24 won ton wrappers
  • 1 lb extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
  • 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
  • 1 can enchilada sauce (or use about 1/2 cup homemade enchilada sauce)
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
  • 1 to 2 green onions, sliced thin 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Press won ton wrappers into the cups of a mini muffin pan. Make sure the edges of the won ton wrappers do not fold in or you won't be able to add you filling later. Bake for 7 min. 

While won ton wrappers are baking, mix together ground beef, cilantro, Rotel tomatoes, and enchilada sauce. Remove won ton cups and add beef mixture, evenly dividing filling between all the cups. Add a pinch of shredded Mexican blend cheese to the top of each up and bake another 6 or 7 min. Cups are done when the cheese is melted and the edges of the won ton cups are just beginning to brown. 

Remove cups and top with a few slices of green onions. You can also top with other garnishes like sour cream or salsa. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment